Saturday, October 9, 2010

Australia


Here I am in the beautiful city of Brisbane, in Australia, pursuing a Masters in Environmental Management. I didn't think I would get here so soon, actually I didn't think I would get here at all. but I am here. I have my doubts, pressures, insecurities, and most of all I have myself to deal with. I am not the best advocate for my success. I'm hoping this experience will help me feel different about myself. I think it already has, to an extent, but the road has just begun. It's not the same when you're out there in the world on your own. This will probably be the most memorable experience in my life.
About a week ago I got to see the north of this country, Airlie Beach. I got to visit the Great Barrier Reef and it was more than I ever expected it to be. It took my breath away. I teared in my snorkel goggles, haha(I really did!). I never appreciated marine ecosystems as I have and will do so from now on. I feel as though the more I will travel around this beautiful country, the more I will want to stay. I am considering my future here, but it's too soon to say. I have come to a point in my life where there are many other variables to consider based on time. I am not in my early twenties and I am certainly not a teenager anymore. The choices I make are solely based on these socially influenced time-lines, sad but true. People talk about having it all, but somewhere you have to make a choice and something gets either dropped for the moment or for the rest of your life....I hope I get to do what I have set out to do. I didn't want to be here, where I would look back at my life and say "should have done this, should have done that", I never want to regret. I just want to keep looking forward and keep moving, trying to win against time.


CC

No comments:

Post a Comment